Welcome to the ABMS Directory website!
If you're a new visitor to this electronic directory,check out our DEMO for a brief overview of the features. With ABMS Directory you'll enjoy quick and easy access to
professional information about more than 900,000 board certified physicians in 50+ specialties and 100+ subspecialties
from the 24 member boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). A directory of all 24 member boards, with their contact information, can be found by clicking on the Resources tab at the top of this page.
This website provides the ability to search for physicians electronically, based on a combination of criteria,
including name, board certified specialty, city or state, etc. The quick search results make it possible to easily identify:
- Whether or not your doctor is board certified, and in what subspecialty
- The board certified physicians in a specific geographic location (e.g. Find an allergist in St. Louis, MO)
- Professional information that could be helpful in choosing a specialist in your selected category
Information is updated quarterly with data from ABMS, as well as other updates received from the physicians.
New physicians and new certifications will be displayed on this website with each update.
In addition to board certified specialties, this authoritative reference tool also provides:
- An indication of how long the physician has been certified in a specialty
- Information about the physician's training, hospital and academic appointments, type of practice,
professional memberships, office contact information, etc (when available)
- If a physician was board certified at one time, but is not presently certified, that will be indicated
for the applicable specialty
This website is the perfect reference to find specialists in various geographic locations, to confirm whether or not a
physician is board certified (and the specialty), and as a research tool. However, it does not meet the standards of
Primary Source Verification (PSV) for professional credentialing or accreditation. If you require professional,
Primary Source data for credentialing please visit www.boardcertifieddocs.com.
Please explore the Resources section and the FAQs for more details.
In order to ensure that our list customers are provided with the most
current and accurate mailing information, Elsevier has contracted with
Lake Group Media.
The ABMS directory website does not allow exporting of the mailing
information to build a list. A complete rate card with list rental
details for the ABMS file is available at http://www.lakegrp.com/CMP/DC/DC037004.htm.
For additional list information or rental requests please contact:
Lake Group Media